The SF Xtra Sound Attenuator ventilator is a slot ventilator which provides high levels of sound attenuation compared to similar ‘acoustic’ products, in a compact size.
The SF Xtra Sound Attenuator can be purchased in a number of combinations based on different sizes of inner (ventilator) and outer (canopy). Combinations can be chosen depending on the sound attenuation requirement and can achieve up to 44dB when the vent is open and 55dB when closed.
The product is a cost effective method of reducing incoming noise in situations where conventional slot ventilators are unable to assist with acoustic issues.
The SF Xtra Sound Attenuator comes fitted with a Titon SF Xtra Ventilator and/or SF Canopy and fits over the standard SFX, Trimvent SM, SW and Select or Select Xtra slot size.
Features & Benefits
- Cost effective sound attenuating ventilator
- Independently tested by Sound Research Laboratories
- Vent sizes available: V25, V50, V75 and canopy sizes: C25, C50 and C75
- Can provide up to 55dB attenuation, depending on combination
- Suitable for use in residential or non-residential installations
- Ideal for retrofit applications, over an existing slot or series of holes
- Available in a range of combinations to suit different acoustic specifications
- Fits over a standard SFX, Trimvent SM, SW and Select or Trimvent Select Xtra slot size
- Supplied with SF Xtra Ventilator and/or SF Canopy fitted
- High performance gasket combined with compression closing action improves sealing in adverse weather conditions
- Can be mounted to deflect air upwards or downwards
- For use over a ½” slot
- Special paint finishes available
|SF Xtra vent only||TA5220|
|SF 418 Canopy only||TA5005|
|SF Xtra Sound Attenuator vent 25mm||TA5221|
|SF Sound Attenuator canopy 25mm||TA5202|
|SF Xtra Sound Attenuator vent 50mm||TA5223|
|SF Sound Attenuator canopy 50mm||TA5204|
|SF Xtra Sound Attenuator vent 75mm||TA5225|
|SF Sound Attenuator canopy 75mm||TA5206|
|SF Xtra Sound Attenuator Vent 75mm||TA5235|
|SF Sound Attenuator Canopy 75mm||TA5236|
No.8 Round Head or equivalent
When fitting to Vinyl screw must go through two walls or into reinforcement
(Full details available on request)
Free Area – See above
Air Leakage – 0.6 cfm @ 1.04 psf (Vent and Canopy only)
Water Resistance – in excess of 12.5 psf
Acoustic ratings – see above
NB: For optimum performance the ventilator should be installed on a flat surface free from defects, and sealant should be used along all edges to achieve the desired acoustic result.
White and brown
(Other colors are available – please contact us for details)