Stores Operative (Forklift and Reach Truck Driver) - Haverhill, Suffolk
The Warehouse team organise all finished goods that leave our factory, so there will be some picking and packing of large and heavy items and some re-arranging of existing stock to make full use of our space.
Unloading delivery vehicles, checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage. Pick items for multiple departments daily using handheld devices, ensuring quality standards are met in order to fulfil the department’s requirements in a timely manner. Work with equipment such as, but not limited to, pump truck, wrapping machine, waver and forklift.
- Unload deliveries and check that goods are correct and received in good condition.
- Use a Mobile WMS device to find, move and pick items.
- Ensure stock movements are transacted and recorded accurately.
- Replenish stock as and when required, ensuring stock is always available for picking.
- Ensure all departments have everything required to complete their jobs.
- Ensure all new stock is added on a rotation basis (FIFO – First in First Out).
- Pick orders correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all vehicles are unloaded / loaded correctly and safely.
- Carry out regular stock checks to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Drive Counterbalance, Reach truck and picker whenever required (trained personnel only).
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained.
- To work as part of a team undertaking necessary duties as and when required in order to achieve team responsibilities.
- Work flexibly within the above guidelines and carry out any other duties as may be required by the supervisor.
- Comply and promote with the health, safety, and environmental culture.
- Capable of working mainly un-supervised and have the ability to be self-motivated and self-organised.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Current valid Reach & Counterbalance Forklift Truck licence. (D) (Training Provided)
- Experience of working in a warehouse/Stores. (D)
- Ability to work under pressure. (E)
- Strong organisation skills. (E)
- Strong attention to detail and proven skills around accuracy. (E)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £11.39 per hour
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discount