As a global supplier of ventilation and hardware products, the Directors of Titon Hardware Ltd regularly review the Company’s position regarding the UK referendum decision to leave the EU. The position of the UK following the current 31 October 2019 deadline is still unknown and a “no-deal” exit from the EU remains a possibility. We have carried out a risk analysis based on all the likely scenarios and as a result of this analysis we have taken the following actions:
- Ordered sufficient stock from our European suppliers to alleviate any supply delays.
- Identified high-risk products and customers and put individual plans in place to ensure continuity of supply.
- Made provisions in order that EU Certificates of Conformity will be available to customers from within the EU upon request.
- Reviewed our systems to ensure that we can implement any tariffs or other regulatory changes if required. As we are already exporting worldwide our system is suitably flexible and changes can be implemented as soon as we have a definitive outcome.
- Already have an EORI number (Economic Operator Registration and Identification) to move goods into or out of the EU.
- Liaised with our carriers and shipping agents to mitigate any likely delays at the border following Brexit.
It is possible that in the future there may be adjustments required to take account of agreements following exit from the EU, however, we will keep our customers and suppliers informed of any changes and ensure that customer service levels are maintained throughout.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely by working with and taking advice from Government agencies, customers and suppliers and this statement will be updated accordingly.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns, or if you would like to discuss any aspect of this in further detail.